Have you read the latest results from Healthy Minds Monthly Poll by the American Psychiatric Association (APA)? Here are a couple that I thought were worth noting as you plan for 2023;
- 29% Plan to Adopt New Year’s Resolutions Related to Mental Health
- More than one in four (26%) reported they anticipated experiencing more stress at the start of 2023, up from one in five (20%) last year.
- Nearly two out of five (37%) Americans rated their mental health as only fair or poor, up from 31% a year ago.
“Americans are telling us that they are concerned about their mental health going into the New Year and we must continue to prioritize our physical and mental wellness as a society,” said APA President Rebecca W. Brendel, M.D., J.D. “It’s concerning any time we hear Americans say that they are more stressed out and that their mental health is worse.”
Although this may seem worrying, the start of a new year is an ideal time to focus on improving the mental health and well-being of your employees.
Here are a few strategies you can consider implementing at your workplace to support the mental health of your team:
- Offer access to mental health resources: Consider providing your employees with resources such as an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or on-site counseling services.
- Encourage breaks and time off: Make sure that your employees are given the opportunity to take breaks and time off when needed. This can help prevent burnout and promote overall well-being.
- Create a culture of openness and support: Encourage employees to speak openly about their mental health and provide a safe and supportive environment for them to do so. This can help reduce stigma and make it easier for employees to seek help when needed.
- Promote healthy habits: Encourage employees to engage in healthy behaviors such as exercise, healthy eating, and stress management techniques.
By prioritizing the mental health of your employees, you can create a more positive and productive work environment.
Are you looking for a wellbeing partner who can help your employees manage their stress while building positive psychology? We are here to support you with a simple and effective hands-on approach.
Our tools and techniques have helped numerous companies through some of the most challenging times. These clients range from Fortune 500 corporations to smaller groups serving the PTSD community.
Book your 15-minute demo to learn more about the 30-Day Mindfulness Challenge – Stop Stressing, Start Doodling and why this is the best tool your employees can use in 2023. Book Your Demo Here.